What to Expect When You Are Governing
You will learn WHO does WHAT with WHOM; WHO is responsible for WHAT, WHO makes WHAT decisions and who can participate in those decisions, WHAT happens if you do and what happens if you don’t – and some of the SYSTEMS and PROCEDUES that allow you to do all that.
- Roxann Amyotte
As a Participant You will:
- Understand the basic functions and responsibilities of nonprofit boards, and learn helpful skills to apply to your own board.
- Learn what “governance” means.
- Know your general ethical and legal responsibilities and financial liabilities.
- Understand how to govern, manage and implement (who does what!).
- Become familiar with how to recruit, orient and train new board members.
- Take home a workbook packed with detailed information and exercises to share your learning with fellow board members.
- Anyone who is currently on a board, wants to be on a board, or a refresher for those with past board experience. You will take home the skills Everything you learn will help you to be an effective Board Director and an asset to your organization.
If you would like closed captioning at any Propellus event, please reach out to us via email. We will work with our friend and member Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) to ensure your needs are covered.
There is a maximum of two registrants per organization. If you have more than two colleagues interested in registering for the workshop, consider signing up for a facilitated learning session! Contact Sheena Swierenga at (403) 231-1427 or firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
Our Workshop Cancellation Policies Have Changed
To cancel your registration, please notify a Propellus staff member at email@example.com 24 hours in advance of the workshop, in which a full refund can be given at that time, or we can apply a credit towards another course. No refunds will be given to last minute cancellations and no shows.