The Allium Live Virtual Experience - Episode 3
Summer Is In The Air! - An Elegant Yet Accessible Local Inspired Meal
Wanting to share our love of local food and connect with our community, we are excited to announce the third installment of our interactive "Meatless Monday" cooking lesson.
A virtual community dinner from the comfort of your home…and no need to go to the grocery store. Everything you need to follow along with The Allium's very own Chef Alex Hamilton is in the Experience Box below.
Join us online on July 6 at 6:00 pm where Chef Alex will walk you through, step by step, how to create your own signature plant-based dish! Guaranteed to taste great and to impress your friends this summer.
Meal + Drink
This episode includes:
- The Allium Caesar with Basil Ranch bok choy, Allium Caesar dressing, crispy chickpeas, manchego lattice/nutritional yeast, and sourdough crumb
- Hasselback zucchini with eggplant caponata and nasturtium pesto.
- We will then be creating the Brutus Cocktail with housemade Vegan ‘Clamato’, Allium Worcestershire, togarashi, sriracha, pickled veggie and your choice of spirit (spirits are not included, if desired, please have one of the following spirits on hand: gin, vodka, tequila, bourbon)
Vegan + GF options available (please specify in delivery notes)
Better than following a recipe or watching a recorded video, you'll have the ability to ask Chef Alex and Mixologist Graham Masters questions throughout the meal preparation via our live chat feature. The chat will be monitored and facilitated by The Allium's beloved founder Jared Blustein.
Three Easy Steps to Participate:
- You buy an Experience Bag.
- Make a minimum $15 donation and our nonprofit partner delivers it to you anywhere in Calgary!
- Or, you can pick it up from The Allium (and we'll throw in a special little treat). Pickup will be on Monday July 6th, from 10am-4pm @ 211a 12 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0G9.
- We send you an email with some food preparation instructions and a link to the interactive online experience on July 5th. This will also be included in your experience bag.
- On July 6th at 6:00pm you join the online experience and get an interactive world-class cooking lesson from the legend himself, The Allium's Chef Alex Hamilton.
Each Experience Box is a curated box of locally sourced, high-quality ingredients. These ingredients are the building blocks you will use to create your very own signature vegetarian dish!
Every business, partner and supplier of this event, from the farmers to the videographers, are members of Be Local, Calgary’s only network of community-focused businesses. These businesses stand for community, the local economy, and the environment. When you shop on Be Local’s online store, you put community first!
None of this would be possible without our tremendous friends and suppliers.
Thank you to our local suppliers for making this meal possible:
Red Fox Fungi
Thank you to our local partners for making this experience a reality:
Be Local YYC for collaborating with us and supporting the larger Calgary small business community
BRND'D photography and videography for your professionalism and creative direction
Universal Access for helping make this experience as inclusive as possible
GenerousSolutions for handling the registrations and bringing on our Nonprofit partner
Run for Little Ones for handling the deliveries and for the mission you are on
Contact the organizer: