Trail Blazer Breakfast
A MESSAGE FROM TERESA HISER, DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Like many of you, Calgary Homeless Foundation (CHF) has been closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation – specifically, the rise in cases throughout Alberta and around the globe.
In accordance with the recommendations of public health authorities and new public health measures that have been put in place, the Trail Blazer Breakfast to be held on Thursday, May 7, 2020, has been postponed. This decision has been made out of care and prioritization of the safety and wellbeing of attendees, speakers, employees, family and community health. We are pleased to report that we have the date confirmed for next year:
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Hyatt Regency Calgary
Registration and Networking: 7:30 am
Program: 8:00 am – 9:30 am
Presenting Sponsor, NOVA Chemicals, Speaker Sponsor, Jim Stanford, and Literary Sponsor, ATB Financial have all deferred their Sponsorship commitments to the rescheduled 2021 event - thank you for your continuing partnership and staying the course with us!
If you decide to attend, you will have the opportunity to experience the event exactly as you would have on May 7, 2020:
- Keynote Speaker: Lieutenant-General (ret) The Honourable Roméo A. Dallaire
- Trail Blazer Legacy Award Recipient: Timothy J. Hearn
We hope to see you at the rescheduled event in 2021!
- If you have already secured a sponsorship or purchased a table/ticket(s) for the 2020 event, we are able to defer your contribution to next year’s event on May 12, 2021. Please let us know if you would like to defer by Friday, April 17, 2020, and we will secure your place at the rescheduled event.*
- If you would like a refund, we are happy to do so. Please just contact us at email@example.com letting us know, and we will process a full refund.**
- If we do not hear back from you by Friday, April 17, 2020, we will follow-up with you personally by email/phone. If we cannot reach you, we will process a full refund.** All refunds will be made within 5 - 10 business days and will be paid by cheque. (including online gifts) If we need additional information from you to process your refund, we will be in touch.
*For table and ticket purchasers, your gift is still tax-deductible for the year in which it was made according to your previously mailed tax receipt.
** As per Canada Revenue Agency requirements, for table and ticket purchasers who have already been issued a tax receipt, the receipt for your gift will be voided, and CRA will be notified of the void.
For those of you who choose to defer your gift to next year’s event on May 12, 2021, thank you! We recognize that these are uncertain times for all; but staying the course with us will do more than just support Calgary Homeless Foundation in a difficult moment - it demonstrates a brave step in the wake of the unknown. We appreciate your confidence in the stewardship of your gifts and look forward to sending further updates.
Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or to indicate your preference.
Teresa Hiser, Development Manager
Calgary Homeless Foundation