IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility Conference
DEAM Alberta is excited to announce the 2022 DEAM IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility) Conference in Canmore, Alberta, October 12 -13.
The IDEA conference will provide attendees with the opportunity to build upon their knowledge of inclusive and supported employment and recruitment while examining topics of intersectionality within diversity and equity and disability as diversity.
Join attendees in the HR, Talent Recruitment, Disability and Human Services sectors, inclusive employers, and community members and advocates from across Alberta for two days of networking, connection, insights, and learning.
Conference accommodations are available including ASL Interpretation, etc. Please connect with us if you require accommodations.
We have blocked rooms at the hotel – please mention "Gateway Association" while booking your hotel space for a special conference rate.
Preview the Coast's Conference Centre and its accessibility features on Krooshl.com here.
Wednesday, October 12 MST
- Start time 5 pm
- End time 10 pm
Thursday, October 13 MST
- Start time 8 am
- End time 2 pm
Proposed Conference Itinerary
Final Conference Itinerary to follow (This draft Itinerary is subject to change).
Keynote Speakers and Breakout session topics/speakers to be announced
Wednesday, October 12th, 2022
- 5:00 pm – Conference Begins
- 6:00 pm –7:30 pm “Cocktails and Epic Inclusion Fails” formal panel discussion begins
- 7:30 pm –10:00 pm – Networking/Cocktail hour
Thursday, October 13, 2022
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am – Buffet Breakfast hour
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Day 2 of Conference Begins
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Breakout Session 1
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm – Breakout Session 2
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch/Networking
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm- Closing Remarks, End of Conference